Wednesday, December 10, 2014

DIGITAL LITERACIES: Rhetorical Analysis & Backward Integration

So this week (11/11), we had to rhetorically analysis our remediations. Sounds arcane, right?
Well I gave myself too much hard work with this one....
Check out my penmanship below the break....



hetorical Analysis & Backward Integration (maybe wait till class to look at? It's up to you...) Attachment
Overall Rating:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Your Rating:
Since my Xeroxing abilities have been constrained, I turned to phone technology to help....






















































And folks who get the handout get something extra!
Message Unread
Mark as Unread
Message Not Flagged
Set Flag
27 days ago
Ivan Lerner 
RE: Rhetorical Analysis & Backward Integration (maybe wait till class to look at? It's up to you...)RE: Rhetorical Analysis & Backward Integration (maybe wait till class to look at? It's up to you...)
Overall Rating:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I just realized something: that in writing this, then photographing it and posting it, no one can cut and paste this. I'm also trying wrap my head around what it means that I
A) wrote it by hand
B) photographed it--with my telephone!
C) emailed it to myself
D) uploaded those photos onto a computer
E) rotated those photos on the computer
and
F) then finally uploaded them here.
That must be some new form of remediation to add on top of everything that has gone before. It may not be in line with the regressive path that I was trying to create, but it certainly is a hybrid of various visual design tools. Its transparency is more complicated. People will look at the photos and generally say, "Oh, he wrote that," without thinking or noticing (or caring) about the whole process of getting it onto the page, that is, this discussion thread.
Audience stance is enabled by the comments section--meanwhile, if someone wants to right click and save a photo, they can. They couldn't really do anything to it--except maybe Konstance...
I would certainly slot the above as an example of Available Designs, Designing and Redesigned. Who knows, to prevent copying and pasting, publishers might begin using photos to publish their words. More hybridity!





No comments:

Post a Comment